Joseph Hazleton - First Hand Account of the Assassination
05-04-2014, 03:38 PM
RE: Joseph Hazleton - First Hand Account of the Assassination
Louisa Withers Beck was one of William Withers, Jr.'s sisters. She was in Ford's Theatre, as I recall, on the night of the assassination. In 1939 she appeared on a radio show, the name of which I can't recall at the moment. I have the transcript of what she said, but I have never been able to find a recording of the show. This is so frustrating because other episodes of the same show do exist!
William Ferguson's voice may not have made it to a recording device, but at least one of his silent films still exists. It is fascinating to watch him. E.H. Sothern made some recordings, Betty, but he had nothing to do with the assassination. His dad, E.A. Sothern, was in the orig. cast of "Our American Cousin," but wasn't with Miss Keene on the night of the assassination. E. A. did perform in a revival of the play (prob. Lord Dundreary) in NYC in the first or second decade of the 20th century, and guess who was in the audience? Jeannie Gourlay Struthers!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joseph Hazleton - First Hand Account of the Assassination - emma1231 - 05-04-2014 03:38 PM