"Our One Common Country" author talk in Stratford, CT
05-02-2014, 10:55 AM
RE: "Our One Common Country" author talk in Stratford, CT
As the author of Our One Common Country: Abraham Lincoln and the Hampton Roads Peace Conference of 1865, the only book ever written on its subject, I appreciate this opportunity to refer any interested readers to my web site, http://www.jamesbconroy.com, which presents, among other things, a synopsis, reviews, and news and events.

Famous in its day, the Hampton Roads Peace Conference had been all but forgotten until it was featured in Steven Spielberg's film, Lincoln. President Lincoln, his Secretary of State William Seward, and three senior officers of the Confederate government had been friends in "the old concern." Their reunion as enemies on a steamboat at Hampton Roads was full of human drama, and the failure of their mission presents useful lessons for our own dysfunctional time.

I appreciate Roger Norton's invitation to participate in the Lincoln Discussion Symposium and would welcome an online conversation with anyone who is interested.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Our One Common Country" author talk in Stratford, CT - James Conroy - 05-02-2014 10:55 AM