Dave Taylor's talk in Port Royal.
04-23-2014, 02:14 PM
RE: Dave Taylor's talk in Port Royal.
I made it to Dave's presentation Not crowded, but full. The room is lined with portraits of "Ancient Citizens" including Richard Garrett. I had "Handicap Parking" in the front row, so I didn't miss a word. Dave is a teacher, so he speaks clearly with exact pronunciation, and volume. The hall did not support "PowerPoint", so he passed photographs around, etc. (He didn't need maps for this audience.) The president of the Society, set the theme for the evening by Speaking RAPIDLY, and hustled their Society reports - this led to Dave being pushed somewhat. They did not allow time for questions and answers. There was a set time for the meeting, and that was to be held to. But Dave showed them - he did a great job, and did it on time (Their time). He did not present some of the controversial points (that eliminated occasional groans) but he told the whole story. Much od the story, I had never heard (such as conversations at the Garrett House and in-house activity among members of the Garrett household.) A Great Evening. I recommend attendance, when Dave is the Speaker (Whatever the topic)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dave Taylor's talk in Port Royal. - SSlater - 04-23-2014 02:14 PM