Most valuable missing assassination relic
03-21-2014, 07:39 PM
RE: Most valuable missing assassination relic
The most valuable relics (monetarily) have to be tied directly to Lincoln or Booth. Just about everything tied to Lincoln is accounted for one way or another. Last year we (Rich & I) were approached by the Barnum Museum in Bridgeport Conn. They have a piece of wallpaper, and curtain from the Presidential box. They are framed with a black piece of cloth described as a piece of Lincoln's neckerchief from the night. Never heard of that. Was it a black scarf of some sort? No direct provenance, but if it were authenticated, it would have some value. Booth's hat was in the War Dept collection, and may well have been destroyed.

I believe Rich is probably correct in that the gun that Sgt. Corbett used to kill Booth would be the most valuable relic that could still be out there, but is lost to history. On that note, Look at the value of Jack Ruby's Colt Cobra he used to kill Lee Harvey Oswald with. I believe that sold in 1991 for $220,000.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Most valuable missing assassination relic - Rhatkinson - 03-20-2014, 07:46 AM
RE: Most valuable missing assassination relic - Rhatkinson - 03-20-2014, 03:13 PM
RE: Most valuable missing assassination relic - Jim Garrett - 03-21-2014 07:39 PM