Most valuable missing assassination relic
03-20-2014, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2014 08:19 AM by Dave Taylor.)
RE: Most valuable missing assassination relic
I believe one of the most interesting missing assassination relics would be the field glasses that Mrs. Surratt delivered to Lloyd on Booth's behalf. Lloyd's testimony regarding this interaction was one of the nails in Mrs. Surratt's coffin and Det. Baker made a return trip to the Garrett farm to retrieve these binoculars. It may not be as valuable in the monetary sense like Corbett's pistol would be, but it is still something I would very much like to see.

By the way, Heath I love the scientific description on your picture of the exact distance Herold needed to row from Maryland to Virginia.

(03-20-2014 08:15 AM)Lincoln Wonk Wrote:  Whatever happened to the ornate clock from Ford's green room, the one the actors checked when they heard all the noise down in the theater?

I believe that the clock is in storage at the NPS' Museum Resource Center in Landover, MD. Rich and Jim might be able to confirm that though.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Most valuable missing assassination relic - Rhatkinson - 03-20-2014, 07:46 AM
RE: Most valuable missing assassination relic - Dave Taylor - 03-20-2014 08:18 AM
RE: Most valuable missing assassination relic - Rhatkinson - 03-20-2014, 03:13 PM