Surratt Society Assassination Conference
03-17-2014, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2014 04:41 PM by John E..)
RE: Surratt Society Assassination Conference
(03-17-2014 12:44 PM)L Verge Wrote:  I just had the first opportunity to talk with Joan Chaconas, my right-hand man at Surratt House who coordinates all of our off-site bus tours - including those for the conference. She received many great comments about both of the tours this year, and she was especially impressed with the job that John Elliott did at Ft. McNair. She, herself, used to give tours at the Fort for the Smithsonian; but she raved about Dave's knowledge -- without notes, off the top of his head, answering questions easily, etc.

I received many compliments about John's speech on Saturday also. He handled it with the same aplomb that Joan described above. He was our lead-off speaker and set the high tone for the rest of the day. THANK YOU, MR. ELLIOTT!

Wow Laurie! Thank you very much for the kind words. I had a great time meeting new friends and saying hello to familiar ones as well. I even had a chance to meet Bob Summers in person for the first time. Much like Betty Ownsbey, he is one of the most generous people you could ever meet.

I can't wait until next year's conference. It should be the best one yet as we celebrate the 150th anniversary.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Surratt Society Assassination Conference - John E. - 03-17-2014 04:40 PM