Headley, and the picture of Sarah
12-05-2013, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 11:02 PM by SSlater.)
RE: Headley, and the picture of Sarah
Msg for Betty O. Did I send you a copy of Sarah's Picture that I enlarged? If I did would you post it here, please? If I did not, may I send you a copy for posting. JOHN

Laurie. I accept your description of the dress and Hair styles of the 1890's. as accurate. Would the styles shown in the picture be available in the 1888/1891 era? I'm trying to pinpoint the time frame for the picture. Sarah was born April 1843 - so she would not be 22 yet, when she was in Canada. Does she look that young, to you, in the picture? IF, the picture is an early Kodak, it was taken after 1889. To further support your "eagle-eye", Sarah and her sister Laura Louise, were Seamstresses, and Dressmakers in New York a little before 1890, so I assume they were up on fashions. The round "Kodak- feature", is the strongest clue that I have, that the pic is 1890ish. I don't want to create a scenario, to make my theory fit. Part of my problem, I don't know where Sarah was from about 1875 until 1898, but somewhere in that time, she became a "Trained Nurse". I have a Sarah Slater, in 1894, in Wilkes Barre, PA working in a Hospital. (But no identifying facts). When Sarah got to Poughkeepsie, in 1898, she was still a Slater. Then about 1902 she became a Long., but he died in less than a year. When she married Spencer, 1912, he was under Doctor care before they were married, and he died is a short while. I appears she was becoming a "Black Widow". When she died, she lived on "Grubb" Street.Sort of Fits her?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Headley, and the picture of Sarah - SSlater - 12-05-2013 10:25 PM