Did Lincoln not want to attend the theater that night?
11-17-2012, 02:51 PM
RE: Did Lincoln not want to attend the theater that night?
(07-26-2012 08:28 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  I've heard a couple versions of the account. One says Lincoln didn't want to go to Ford's Theater that night (April 14th), but Mary Lincoln insisted. In this scenario, Mary becomes the scapegoat for the murder (like she had enough to deal with already!). In another version, Mary didn't really want to go but Lincoln felt that they must go as it had been published in the paper that they would be attending. Lincoln didn't want to let the public down. Thus, in this scenario, Lincoln was killed giving his complete "all" to the public-even though he wanted to stay home that evening. I'm sure there are other variations of what happened.

I dont think it was a matter of that they didnt want to go I think it was more of i want to go but the odds aren't loking good we have so many friends backing out at the last minute like a bad omen sort of thing. there were apprehensions but Abe wanted to to sort of relaxe his mind and go for a good time . he and Mary enjoyed the theater greatly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Lincoln not want to attend the theater that night? - Ashley Norman - 11-17-2012 02:51 PM