Did Lincoln not want to attend the theater that night?
11-17-2012, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2012 09:01 AM by Dr. Todd Descendant.)
RE: Did Lincoln not want to attend the theater that night?
(11-17-2012 08:29 AM)Rsmyth Wrote:  Jim, the answer to both is yes. You can check Todd descendants excellent family genealogy page. BTW - the letter referred to has the earliest example of the term "Bro" that I have seen used. Lol.

Reference to use of "bro" is quite funny. I'm sure either Dr. Todd missed placing the period of the abbreviation in the emotional state he was in, or as you suggest, he was simply ahead of his time...lol

Thanks for the compliment on the site. I strive to make it as user friendly as possible. I recommend all who have bothered to research their ancestry to place their family tree online. It helps if you know how to create the site and maintain it of course. I can't imagine what the cost might be if you had to hire someone to "do" it for you. I've been blessed with many, many distant cousins who have found the site, and shared what I've shared with you this morning.

Not to go TOO off topic, I've been equally as blessed on my dad's side of the family in regards to the Civil War era. One of my 2nd great grandfathers on my dad's side was a delegate representing Baltimore city in Maryland's 2nd Constitutional Convention. He voted to outlaw slavery in the state. Get your family trees online guys.

(11-17-2012 08:03 AM)Jim Garrett Wrote:  I'm trying to beat Rich Smyth here.....Where is he buried? Do you have a picture of him, and/or a picture of his grave?

I forgot to reply to your ques. about Dr. Todd's burial place. It's rather strange that there are tombstones in two widely separated places. Dr. Todd lived in his father's household in Onondaga County, NY before entering the Union Army, and then the Navy. There is a tombstone in the Fayetteville cemetery there, but there is also mention in the military pension application stating that he's buried at Loudon Park Cemetery in Plot 519 of the Bethel section of the cemetery in Baltimore city, MD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Lincoln not want to attend the theater that night? - Dr. Todd Descendant - 11-17-2012 08:42 AM