Did Lincoln not want to attend the theater that night?
11-17-2012, 08:24 AM
RE: Did Lincoln not want to attend the theater that night?
(11-17-2012 08:11 AM)Dr. Todd Descendant Wrote:  
(11-17-2012 08:03 AM)Jim Garrett Wrote:  Welcome to the group Todd descendant! Was Dr. Todd at the theatre? AL wanted to go to the theatre. I think he had hoped for a leisurely day (being Good Friday). However the needs of the office kept him pretty busy. I think he was tird and that was the reason he may have wanted to beg off. At 8:00pm, the time the performance was starting, AL was still in his office seeing people and when he left at about 8:15, he still had three or four people following him out to the carriage.

So while AL did say he wanted to stay back, it didn't take alot of nudging for him to follow through.

Thanks for the welcome and reply. Yes, Dr. Todd was in attendance that evening. He wrote a letter to his brother, Henry Perine Todd, which describes what he saw in Ford's Theater that night. If interested, you can view the letter which is located on my family tree site's page http://www.bjpeters.com/bj/documents/For...Letter.htm .

I'm trying to beat Rich Smyth here.....Where is he buried? Do you have a picture of him, and/or a picture of his grave?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Lincoln not want to attend the theater that night? - Jim Garrett - 11-17-2012 08:24 AM