"KKK group given permit to hold event at Gettysburg battlefield"
09-30-2013, 12:30 PM
RE: "KKK group given permit to hold event at Gettysburg battlefield"
On the local news the other night, there was a video of a group of Confederate re-enactors in Chesterfield, Virginia, raising a Confederate battle flag on a fifty foot pole beside an interstate highway.

I have had concerns over the years about the Confederate battle flag that flies outside the Dr. Mudd House when they are open for tours. It especially concerns me when the Surratt bus tours go there. I was pleased to hear last week that it was not flying and had been replaced by a Charles County flag.

There are several guides at Dr Mudd's who insist that he was a "good Union man." I always thought that, if that were so, Dr. Mudd's ghost (who is said to inhabit the place) would have torn that Confederate flag down by this time.

And, Bill, I agree with you. Several years ago, a school in our county that had been named Lord Baltimore, after the founders of Maryland, had its name changed. The new name honored a school board member who had been killed in a car crash. The hurtful and disturbing thing is that this man was under investigation for a variety of offenses such as embezzling county funds, fraud, etc.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "KKK group given permit to hold event at Gettysburg battlefield" - L Verge - 09-30-2013 12:30 PM