Why was Mary Surratt not photographed after her arrest?
11-14-2013, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2013 10:26 AM by brtmchl.)
RE: Why was Mary Surratt not photographed after her arrest?
(11-14-2013 06:18 AM)BettyO Wrote:  You are so right, Roger!

Roscoe's Web remains one of my favorites - flaws and all. Still, it IS a fast-moving good read. Yes, there is a lot of speculation contained therein, but I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in the assassination. It's considered one of the "classics" alongside Bishop's novel The Day Lincoln was Shot and Oldroyd - irregardless what one thinks of the author's theories....

Betty, I just recently purchased a copy of Oldroyd’s The Assassination of Abraham Lincoln. The fun part about it, was that it was completely by accident. Even better was the name of the store I found it in. I was in Chicago and came across a storefront called Powell’s Bookstores. Powell's, has been in business for the over 40 years. There are three stores, in Hyde Park, University Village and Lakeview, each carrying quality used, rare, and discounted books. They also partner with Abebooks.com so if you cannot find something in the store they check for worldwide sellers. For anyone wanting to sell used or even new books I believe you can sell through Abebooks kind of like eBay I guess.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why was Mary Surratt not photographed after her arrest? - brtmchl - 11-14-2013 10:23 AM