Why was Mary Surratt not photographed after her arrest?
11-14-2013, 06:01 AM
RE: Why was Mary Surratt not photographed after her arrest?
(11-13-2013 10:04 PM)Sally Wrote:  Who was this Theodore Roscoe and what prompted his bitterness toward the Hales? (Though I do like the word "amourette"!)

Hi Sally. Theodore Roscoe wrote one of my favorite assassination books entitled The Web of Conspiracy. He was very critical of the U.S. government for covering up many things after the assassination and not doing a thorough investigation (including the lack of questioning of Lucy Hale). He makes many controversial statements in the book; nevertheless the reader is never bored. It's easy to criticize the book as being similar to Eisenschiml's in that Roscoe implies top government officials were involved in the assassination, but the book also includes lots of other information that is often difficult to find in other sources. For me that says something as I am not the best of readers, but Roscoe's style is lively and keeps moving. It's a big book - over 500 pages - that I would recommend to anyone who has interest in Lincoln's assassination.

[Image: 154767.jpg]
Theodore Roscoe
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why was Mary Surratt not photographed after her arrest? - RJNorton - 11-14-2013 06:01 AM