Why was Mary Surratt not photographed after her arrest?
09-05-2013, 09:10 PM
RE: Why was Mary Surratt not photographed after her arrest?
(09-05-2013 08:52 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Oh please, don't bring that up again! I should add, however, that I was told about a year ago that Mrs. Neff has supposedly found even more poopy papers that her husband had stored in their garage before his death. I believe that she turned them over to David Vancil, the retired archivist at Indiana State University. I have heard nothing further on the matter, and I cannot say for certain that the information is correct.

As for the Potter brothers, some of the best researchers I know have attempted to verify that they did indeed exist - to no avail. There is a former member of the Surratt Society that I discovered on a genealogy blog having ancestors named Potter who immigrated between Canada and New York and perhaps Vermont. I wish he would shed some light on his Potters and any Civil War ties. Those three areas are very intriguing to me during 1864 and early-1865.
The best operatives are the ones you never heard of, therefore the potters were indeed the best. They were so good, they never heard of each other!Cool
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why was Mary Surratt not photographed after her arrest? - Jim Garrett - 09-05-2013 09:10 PM