Exciting New Children's Book On The Way
07-13-2014, 06:18 PM
RE: Exciting New Children's Book On The Way
I like the new cover also, but would keep it in color. One of the big complaints that I heard about American Brutus's cover was that it was too bland for the modern person who is used to color. One comment came from a person who had worked at Borders and said that people walked past it unless they recognized the photo of Booth. They then did an experiment putting AB and Manhunt side-by-side. Manhunt won each time. That person also said that the title had something to do with it too. Scholars understood the American Brutus reference because they knew who the other Brutus was. Modern readers likely did not make the distinction. Modern readers knew right a way what a Manhunt is - they would then pick up the book to see who was being hunted.

The same title works for Alias Paine. People know that bad guys use aliases, so pick up the book and find out who was really Paine.

As far as the map is concerned, I would take the easy route that Betty suggested and get the one already in public domain. I believe that we have one on the Surratt website that you are welcome to use also (just a credit line, please).

I also like Eva's idea to have little tasks at the end of chapters while the material is fresh in their minds - and then an all-encompassing task or tasks at the end.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exciting New Children's Book On The Way - Hess1865 - 08-23-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: Exciting New Children's Book On The Way - L Verge - 07-13-2014 06:18 PM