Is there a list of the best Lincoln Assassination Consp. books for our library?
06-09-2013, 06:52 PM
RE: Is there a list of the best Lincoln Assassination Consp. books for our library?
I think that most of us can safely agree that Booth died on Garrett's porch on the morning of April 26, 1865. Obviously, since we are still discussing the assassination nearly 150 years after the fact there are still some loose ends that need to be tied together. One of these is Stanton's role, if any, in the assassination. Admittedly, the evidence (if any) is not available that would convict him with complicity in a court of law. Missing diary pages and other suspicious evidence cast a shadow on him but proves absolutely nothing.

The Kennedy Assassination on the other hand is a completely different story. There is no way that Oswald scored two hits at a moving target at that distance (265 feet.) unless he was extremely lucky. I base this on my own personal experience as a Marine Corps rifleman. Oswald was an average shooter at best. The Marine Corps has three rifle proficiency badges. The lowest rank is Marksman which a rifleman must score between a 190-210. The middle rank is Sharpshooter, 210-220. and the top rank badge is Rifle Expert (220-250.) Oswald's scores are well known. He barely qualified with a score of 191 in one test, while he managed to score a 212 on another. This test is used using stationary targets at various distances of 200, 300, and 500 yards.
Also, the last shot which killed President Kennedy clearly came from the front. One of the Secret service agents who was closest to the assassination initially claimed that one of the shots came from the front. It was only later that he changed his story.

Craig
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there a list of the best Lincoln Assassination Consp. books for our library? - Craig Hipkins - 06-09-2013 06:52 PM