The evidence that sealed Mrs. Surratt's fate
05-06-2013, 05:25 AM
RE: The evidence that sealed Mrs. Surratt's fate
(05-05-2013 07:40 PM)Jim Page Wrote:  Just throwing this out for discussion: Could Mrs. Surratt have been Booth's handler or the person he reported to? Could she possibly be more of a key individual in this situation than is currently acknowledged?

I have no opinion on this, other than a suspicion that a person with such an implacable personality may be capable of more than one might otherwise expect.

--Jim

Jim, I do not know the answer to your question, but it has always been my suspicion that JWB never told Lewis Powell exactly how involved and knowledgeable Mary Surratt really was in the plotting. It's possible he felt she had vague knowledge of the kidnapping plan, but that's about it. I think Powell was telling the truth when he proclaimed her innocence; he honestly didn't know how deep she was in. IMO.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The evidence that sealed Mrs. Surratt's fate - Rhatkinson - 05-02-2013, 10:11 PM
RE: The evidence that sealed Mrs. Surat's fate - Rhatkinson - 05-03-2013, 09:23 AM
RE: The evidence that sealed Mrs. Surratt's fate - RJNorton - 05-06-2013 05:25 AM