John Minchin Lloyd - Who was he...really?
04-01-2013, 10:52 AM
RE: John Minchin Lloyd - Who was he...really?
Thank you so much everyone! I am still not home to get back to the rest of my research. That said, here's a few things I think are important to note. One, that there is a strong element of "honor" involved when a group of conspirators come together to "hatch" the plan. Each one must consider the risks and realize for it to work, each one is on his own if caught, and must do whatever it takes to achieve the ultimate goal. Everything must be focused on that goal, even if some of them have to be thrown under the bus to achieve it. The point is to achieve the goal with the least collateral damage.

Obviously, at first you try to save everyone by throwing investigators off the track, but if that doesn't work, you have to try to save the most important elements of the plan...to keep it going...on track.

Also, I don't know about you guys, but I still kick myself for things I did in the sixth grade (Lol!)! I seriously doubt, as honorable as the history books make us think that mind of the 19th century individual was, that it was that easy to just drop the swords and go back to the plowshares. Ha! Ha! I was a Northerner planted in the South in the late 1960's and I KNOW it wasn't easy.

So did the conspirators still have work to do? Or...was there a massive deck of cards that could fall, if somehow the hemorrhagecouldn't be stopped, regardless of the immediate cost? As a mother and child myself, John Surratt's evasive behavior with the help of priests and Jesuits mystifies me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: John Minchin Lloyd - Who was he...really? - scldrgnfly - 04-01-2013 10:52 AM