Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions)
02-17-2013, 11:00 PM
Wink Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions)
After watching the series, here are a couple of things that I noticed that were incorrect -

--At the play, the actor said "Well I guess I know enough to turn you inside out, old "woman" - when it should have been "gal"
--I thought that the way Powell entered the home and eventually into the Secretary's room was too awkward and too confrontational
--I did not hear Silas T. Cobb reference the other part of the curfew that one could not come back over in the same night
--The boarder at the Peterson House was not in the crowd necessarily, rather, he came out of the house after hearing the commotion after waking up
--At the speech given by Lincoln following the war, I have studied that it was Booth that wanted to take the shot, but figured out that it was an impossible shot, not that Powell did not want to take the shot (This one I am not 100% sure on)
--I never heard Leale give his famous saying "His wound is mortal"

Here are the things I appreciated -

--I thought that they portrayed Dr. Leale very accurately, especially the probing part
--98% of the material presenting was correct, and I did not see much that made it look "Hollywood" instead of the correct information
--Thought they did not mention much about Atzerodt, the information about his arrest was accurate
--Great stuff about the the conspirators

I give this a 4.7 out of 5!!!![/b]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Matt Macoubrie - 02-17-2013 11:00 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 02-18-2013, 10:35 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 02-25-2013, 12:31 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 02-26-2013, 05:09 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 02-26-2013, 05:16 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 03-01-2013, 10:36 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 03-03-2013, 11:42 PM