James P Ferguson, witness to the assassination
12-13-2012, 06:37 PM
RE: James P Ferguson, witness to the assassination
(12-12-2012 09:14 PM)JB Banning Wrote:  
(12-12-2012 09:38 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  In the link Christine posted it says Ferguson "gave important evidence in regard to & about Edward Spangler."

Does anyone know what Ferguson had on Spangler?

Roger,
In a statement that Ferguson gave on April 18th ( The Evidence pages 487-488 ) Ferguson said "Yesterday morning the boy, Sleickman, who works the property there come to me an says "Jim, I want to tell you something and I don't want to tell Mr.Gifford"(he has charge of the theater, the chief carpenter). Said he,"I think it is my duty to tell you". I took him in my house and locked the door after him. He says I was standing in the alley that night when Mr. Booth rode up and called Ned Spangler, the carpenter and said to him , "Now Ned you will give me all the assisstance you can?" and Ned says, "Yes you can depend on that".

This morning he comes to me again and says, "Jim, there is something else I forgot to tell you". I then brought the boy down to Judge Olin and I understand that they have since had Ned arrested. He said a man they call Jake, a carpenter, who says that they were decorating a box with this Ned and Ned remarked,"Well, I hope the d****d old son of a B***h will be killed here tonight," or words to that effect.

Joe
Interesting quote. I find it very interesting. It sounds like from the quote that Jake Rittenspaugh and our boy Ned were the ones decorating the box. I don't think that either were involved in that activity.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: James P Ferguson, witness to the assassination - Jim Garrett - 12-13-2012 06:37 PM