A "new" Lincoln story by Bill Tidwell.
08-25-2018, 12:53 AM
A "new" Lincoln story by Bill Tidwell.
I was recently given a stack of OLD history magazines by a person I did not know. I thought they were trash, but I smiled and said Thank you. One of the books was a 2001 copy of "The Civil War Times". In it was a story written by Bill Tidwell, titled "The man who shifted the Blame". He must have written it in 1995 +/-. (He died in 1999). (He wrote "Come Retribution" in 1988) This story is about how George N. Sanders used his skills to foil the Federals effort to pin the Lincoln murder on the Confederacy.
(There are pictures of George N. Sanders, Brig. Gen. William Carroll and Capt. Thomas Himes.)
Tidwell sums up the whole process of "Preventing the Union from blaming the Confederacy, for the death of Lincoln" with- His (Sanders) plan worked.
I was not familiar with this writing, is it rare? Is anybody as behind the times as I am? If you NEED a copy, I will attempt to copy it. It should be readable, even if it is dark.
P.S. Tidwell continues and tells about any punishment doled out and some personal life of these guys.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A "new" Lincoln story by Bill Tidwell. - SSlater - 08-25-2018 12:53 AM