My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination
09-06-2018, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2018 10:14 AM by L Verge.)
RE: My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination
Mike - I became interested in the Lincoln conspiracy at age 10 and remain an addict of it 65 years later! I have also made my living off of it since 1983, when I became director of Surratt House Museum. I had been volunteer there for 8 years previously. I also have an extensive personal library on the subject as well as access to the large holdings in the James O. Hall Research Center at the museum.

That said, after all of this, I still have moments of questioning some things that I read. I have been mentored by the best in the field, and they too question things and then look for documentation. To me, the key is RESEARCH (using primary sources, if possible), DOCUMENT, and CONCLUDE, based on the documentation.

I notice that you seem to be reading mainly books that are speculative. Have you read Blood on the Moon by Ed Steers (of this forum), American Brutus by Michael Kauffman, or John's Decapitating the Union? If not, they should be at the top of your list of books worth reading. I also agree with John regarding the "errors" in books you have read.

It's great that you are going to read Web of Conspiracy. Despite its having been written many years ago, I still like the book -- despite points that Roscoe made that have now been disproven.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination - L Verge - 09-06-2018 10:12 AM