The Confederate Connection???
02-23-2018, 12:07 PM
The Confederate Connection???
Even those of you who are not students of the Lincoln assassination likely know that there has been a controversy since 1865 as to the complicity of the Confederate hierarchy in the conspiracy. It created quite a few ripples when the books Come Retribution (Tidwell, Hall, and Gaddy) and April '65 (Tidwell) came out over 20 years ago.

I hope this C-Span video of a 1998 conference at Ford's Theatre will play all the way through for you. All three of these fine scholars have passed from us, but this gives you a good indication of their work.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4531263/w...-a-tidwell

There is a new scholar in the field who is focusing on the role of Judah Benjamin, and with a little luck, a publisher will soon snap up his ms, print it, and get it added to the story.

For about forty years, whenever someone asked me about a member of Lincoln's Cabinet being the mastermind of the conspiracy, I would always tell them they were looking in the wrong Cabinet. Turn south and check out Judah Benjamin. I have no real expertise in this -- just a gut instinct based on a very interesting person.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Confederate Connection??? - L Verge - 02-23-2018 12:07 PM
RE: The Confederate Connection??? - kerry - 02-23-2018, 09:12 PM