New Assassination records going online
02-03-2018, 01:21 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2018 01:22 AM by LincolnArchives.)
RE: New Assassination records going online
(02-02-2018 08:21 PM)L Verge Wrote:  I just want to add that this a pure work of love on Karen's part. She gets meager financial help (not sure that she gets any from the federal government) and does the majority of the work herself. Karen spoke at the 2017 Surratt conference about the project, and our executive board surprised her with a nice monetary donation.

Laurie, thanks so much for the compliment. Yes, it is a passionate obsession with the history of the Lincoln administration. There are soooo many things on my checkoff list. I need to update the content management system, so am always looking for a Drupal 8 guru who has just as much of a love with Drupal, and willing to provide some free time to help me get the modules and the templates going. Same with the database. NARA says they have 30 million records that fall within the scope of this project. It may be massive, but every day I scan records is a success. They weren't scanned the day before, and now online, everyone will have access to those records.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Assassination records going online - LincolnArchives - 02-03-2018 01:21 AM