Thread Closed 
What makes a great politician?
01-13-2018, 03:54 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 04:11 AM by AussieMick.)
RE: What makes a great politician?
You ( both of you ... and the media does as well) raise an interesting issue. Is it wrong for the leader of a nation to speak in same the way that they would with close friends? Kate mentions LBJ. I think I read that he was known to often use crude 4-letter words in private.

Obviously theres a time and place when words that we wouldnt use in front of our mother are out of place. Ive no doubt that the Queen is aware of the words I'm referring to. But Im sure Pres Trump wouldnt use those words in front of her or Prime Minister May.

But I see nothing wrong with him using *some* of them in an interview ... some words though are still too obscene for TV. I havent seen the interview ... but if the word used begins with sh then I should just say its perhaps the most commonly used word in Australia. My wife (the most strait-laced person I know) has sometimes said it when stubbing a toe ... or dropping a plate ... or suddenly remembering a missed appointment ... or ... etc ... she even said it once in front of a class of primary school students (but apologised immediately).

(My opinion is that the media, in the US UK and Australia and elsewhere, is making itself appear ridiculous in the way it hysterically explodes whenever President Trump makes an utterance which they regard as unacceptable or non-politically correct)

.... Ok, just seen a 5 second piece on TV. Yes, it's not the most diplomatic few seconds. I would have liked to see the full context but even so he was obviously speaking forcefully and expressing his view clearly ... I prefer that to the hypocrisy and waffle and downright lies that so many politicians have uttered over the years.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: What makes a great politician? - AussieMick - 01-13-2018 03:54 AM