Thread Closed 
What makes a great politician?
12-21-2017, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2017 12:47 PM by Eva Elisabeth.)
RE: What makes a great politician?
Unfortunately most great inventions were made for war and military, and at first not intended for people's benefit, also in the US.

Thank you, Laurie, for providing me insight as for Kennedy - I do see the glamorous charisma he possessed. I personally dislike too much glamor (and (wo)men-nizing) with those in role-model-positions. However, the work and results is what I care for, and whether they are good role models.

Forgot -

"Have you ever noticed how Captain Kirk's communicator so resembles the cellphone that everyone now holds in their hands?"

I've never seen any space SCIFI, but the mobile phone does influence many people's life. However, it realized long before (I think) Mr. Cirk did as well as anyone walked on the moon. The fist service and net was offered in 1926 on trains of the German Reichsbahn and Reichspost between Hamburg and Berlin.

Here's a newspaper's vision of this being available everywhere in the future (and look what else it envisioned):

Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: What makes a great politician? - Eva Elisabeth - 12-21-2017 12:15 PM