Izola Martha Mills marriage certificate/note to Mr. Hall
09-19-2012, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2012 03:12 PM by Jenny.)
Izola Martha Mills marriage certificate/note to Mr. Hall
Hi all!

I've been cruising around Ancestry.com (yeah, I hear everyone yelling, "GET OFF!") and decided to check in with an old "friend" of mine: The John Byron Wilkes family tree based on that nutty will written by Booth imposter John Byron Wilkes. I was surprised to find several new documents under Izola Mills' profile. One is a picture of labeled "Izola Martha Mills and JWB" which I will post here in a moment.

The other is a marriage certificate under the label "Letter certifying marriage of JWB and Izola Martha Mills." However it appears whoever posted this certificate might have missed something. Something important.

There is a note attached to the bottom which addresses a Mr. Hall (I am assuming Mr. James O. Hall). Even though I darkened it, I am not sure what it says - can you guys help me decipher it? But on the top of the document I believe I see a handwritten note that says, "Declared a forgery by Mr. Hall."

I don't know much about the whole "Izola Mills marriage" theory but I do find it amusing that someone submitted this as proof of a marriage when it clearly has notes declaring it a forgery! And I thought you all might like to see this picture of "Izola and JWB." Again, no idea where it comes from... and it doesn't really look like him to me.

Thoughts? Opinions?

[Image: fakecertificateornot_zps6e4746a0.jpg]

[Image: gfhtt_zps56168860.jpg]

[Image: blwwhiteenhanced_zps32f4e6c6.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Izola Martha Mills marriage certificate/note to Mr. Hall - Jenny - 09-19-2012 03:10 PM