Judicial Murder of Mrs. Surratt
09-30-2017, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2017 07:00 PM by L Verge.)
RE: Judicial Murder of Mrs. Surratt
(09-30-2017 02:36 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  
(09-30-2017 02:25 PM)L Verge Wrote:  The basic premise at the time of the staged readings was that the prosecution was intent on coercing Mrs. Surratt into telling them where to find her son, and she became hopelessly entangled in their dragnet. I don't know if that plot line has changed over the years.

http://www.freeclassicebooks.com/DeWitt%...urratt.pdf

Charlene Sloan, who plays the role of Mary, says, "Her love for her children is the driving force in her decision-making and her fate."

I'd be curious to see how the same actor (Nicholas Barta) portrays both Louis Weichmann and John Wilkes Booth.

I thought the exact same thing, but good actors (and makeup artists and wardrobe people) can make it happen, I guess.

I don't go near the Washington Post, but if they happen to review it, I hope someone lets us know.

A note to me from the playwright: Last night’s opening was great. The director, cast, and crew did a phenomenal job. Very enthusiastic response from the audience. I received lots of questions about the history afterwards. The literature and comp tickets you sent me were placed right at the box office. So everyone will see them when they arrive.

And yes, I sent our museum's propaganda and some complimentary tour tickets...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Judicial Murder of Mrs. Surratt - wpbinzel - 09-30-2017, 10:15 AM
RE: Judicial Murder of Mrs. Surratt - L Verge - 09-30-2017 06:56 PM