Removal of Confederate Monuments
09-14-2017, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2017 01:06 AM by Darrell.)
RE: Removal of Confederate Monuments
(09-13-2017 06:20 PM)J. Beckert Wrote:  
(09-12-2017 05:22 PM)Darrell Wrote:  I'd say the "usual suspects" are reasons such as political correctness (again), pathological altruism, virtue signaling, white guilt, cultural Marxism, religion (particularly Christianity), mindlessly following the crowd, and indoctrination by today's schools and universities.

With the exception of Christianity, that one sentence sums it up for me perfectly. We now have a generation of self loathing, low functioning, "it's all about me and my feelings" lemmings that can't think for themselves and have idea how much they're assisting the media with tearing the very fabric that has made this the greatest country in the history of the world to shreds.

Your comment about Christianity is a fair criticism. I hesitated in including them, but eventually did so based on my experience at the Knoxville rally - where there was a sizable contingent of pastors and their flocks advocating for the removal of the monument. Their primary motivator seemed to be the desire to spare African-Americans from offense. In fact, I got the clear sense that they'd be fine with the monument remaining if not for the "pain it causes our black brothers."

Despite their good intentions, I believe that capitulating to the demands to remove Confederate monuments will not have the desired result that the Christian groups in Knoxville envision (i.e., racial reconciliation and harmony). Rather, I think that it would just further embolden those who are engaged in tearing apart the fabric of our country (as you aptly put it).

Therefore - to the extend that Christians are engaged in activism as described above - I thought they should be included with the other "suspects." However, I didn't mean to infer that I was speaking about Christianity as a whole.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Removal of Confederate Monuments - Gene C - 04-24-2017, 07:42 AM
RE: Removal of Confederate Monuments - Darrell - 09-14-2017 01:03 AM