Removal of Confederate Monuments
09-12-2017, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2017 06:46 PM by Darrell.)
RE: Removal of Confederate Monuments
(09-12-2017 01:46 PM)My Name Is Kate Wrote:  Could it be that the ultimate goal is not to abolish slavery, but to abolish the white race, and the white male in particular? But why would so many white people (men, too) be pushing for it?

Another good question. I'd say the "usual suspects" are reasons such as political correctness (again), pathological altruism, virtue signaling, white guilt, cultural Marxism, religion (particularly Christianity), mindlessly following the crowd, and indoctrination by today's schools and universities.

None of the above (or combinations thereof) are an ultimately satisfying answer for me. However, I believe I've seen examples of all of them - most recently at the Confederate monument rally in Knoxville, TN a few weeks ago. Thankfully, the event was very peaceful. In fact, at times it felt more like a street party than a protest.

That said, there were a lot of insults hurled, mainly by leftists screaming at SCV types and Confederate reenactors, whom they somehow imagined to be Nazis and KKK members. However, there were about 2,800 anti-monument protestors, compared to only about 40 on the other side, so naturally the former were more vocal. Interestingly, the competing online petitions about the issue are running in the opposite direction with an over 2 to 1 margin in favor of retaining the monument (5,380 to 2,283).

From all the accounts I've seen, most city residents were unaware of the monument's existence until someone vandalized it shortly after the Charlottesville rally. It's on a quiet residential street and could be fairly described as nondescript - although that's not my opinion. However, I can see how someone might easily walk by it without even taking notice. Below is a photo of it being cleaned after a second instance of vandalism. Apparently, those preaching tolerance, inclusion and diversity like to demonstrate those values by splashing paint on a memorial erected over 100 years ago by the UDC to honor their dead fathers, sons, brothers and husbands.

[Image: vlcsnap-2017-08-18-19h02m38s221.jpg?w=650]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Removal of Confederate Monuments - Gene C - 04-24-2017, 07:42 AM
RE: Removal of Confederate Monuments - Darrell - 09-12-2017 05:22 PM