2017 Surratt Society Conference
04-03-2017, 12:37 AM
RE: 2017 Surratt Society Conference
Great speakers this year and a stellar performance by Kate Ramirez as Mary Surratt. "Wild Bill" Richter was strongly encouraged to turn his presentation on Lincoln's Reconstruction policy (or lack thereof) into a book. I thought it was brilliant. Dave Taylor and Scott Schroeder were informative and entertaining with unique presentations. And of course Blaine Houmes is THE expert on all things medical. Karen Needles shared information about her website, which will be of great value to all of us: lincolnarchives.us

I bought The Lincoln Assassination Riddle which should be in everyone's library. Each chapter is by a different expert, most of the names familiar here--Laurie, Betty, Blaine, Michael Kaufman, etc.

I checked up on some of the books in the works. Diane Putney's book on the history of Ford's Theater is nearing completion. Jim Garrett says he's halfway done with his book on items related to the assassination but I had to kid him that he told me the same thing five years ago. And of course everyone asked me when mine will be done--by this time next year I hope.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 Surratt Society Conference - Wesley Harris - 04-03-2017 12:37 AM