Where was John Surratt on April 14, 1865 ?
03-14-2017, 01:20 PM
RE: Where was John Surratt on April 14, 1865 ?
(03-14-2017 10:21 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  
(03-14-2017 09:53 AM)loetar44 Wrote:  After reading “Decapitating” p. 187-188, and kudo’s to John Fazio, it is apparent that Rhodes was lying. But why would he have done that?

Great question, Kees! I do not know.

The bottom line for me remains the same (I have asked this before): if John Surratt were in Washington why was he given such a simple assignment (calling the time at Ford's)? Why was he not sent to kill Johnson, Grant, or Stanton? It just seems strange to me that Surratt would not be given a government official to assassinate. Why would Booth go with the unreliable Atzerodt if Surratt were available to do the job?

By reading Dye's testimony, One could assume John Surratt was in charge. Or at least coordinating with a group. Calling out the time, Booth waiting to enter Ford's Theatre until Surratt calls 10 past 10. The low villainous man leaving ( to go kill the Vice President ). Surratt continually walking up H street possibly to signal or relay a message to someone or to receive a message or signal from someone.

Makes for a fun conspiracy theory.

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where was John Surratt on April 14, 1865 ? - brtmchl - 03-14-2017 01:20 PM