Very Sad News - Passing of Karrie Lynn Nash
06-04-2017, 07:16 AM
RE: Very Sad News - Passing of Karrie Lynn Nash
In remembrance of Karrie Nash- One Year later...

Karrie Nash passed away June 4, 2016. It seems like yesterday. I want to thank all those who have given prayers, support, and encouragement these past 12 months. Most of all, I thank God for His ever-present help. Karrie, like all children, belonged to God from beginning to end. We parents are stewards in His stead while on earth. We had prayed to God many times during Karrie's life that when He was ready He could take Karrie back. And He did. God's time is always the right time. We think of losing a child as a tragedy, but God knows what He is doing.

While there was and is a profound sense of loss, there is also peace, acceptance, and a certain satisfaction. Karrie lived a short but full life. She never knew good health. She never lived without pain. We watched as she found meaning for what it all meant for her. I don't think she ever found the complete answer. Still, she rarely complained about her situation. She discovered her passions: her cats, love for opera, singing, photography, travel (when she could physically), and social media. She had many friends through social media. Being unable to leave the confines of her room very often as her health deteriorated- her world became small in that way.

Karrie was a beautiful soul. No, she was not an angel. But she maintained an innocence her entire life that few adults can claim. I have seen this trait with the chronically ill. At the same time, she also lived her entire life with the knowledge that her time would be short. She once commented to me that her hero Mozart died young at age 35. Karrie died at age 35. Although Karrie certainly did not want to die so young, she also looked forward to the relief from her suffering. That's why we have peace, acceptance, and a certain satisfaction.

A year later we miss Karrie greatly, of course. We are okay. Karrie's beloved sphinx cats are in good health. They mourned for a time but have adjusted well. And we have too. We are appropriately sad but not depressed. We still cry sometimes. But never for one moment have we have felt bad for Karrie. She did it-she made to our Father's House. Karrie you are blessed!

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Very Sad News - Passing of Karrie Lynn Nash - LincolnMan - 06-04-2017 07:16 AM
RE: Sad News - LincolnMan - 06-06-2016, 10:25 AM
RE: Sad News - Gene C - 06-06-2016, 10:35 AM