Mudd Descendants visit Fort Jefferson NP
07-30-2015, 10:52 AM
RE: Mudd Descendants visit Fort Jefferson NP
John Fazio, every time you say IMO or In My Opinion what you say is surmise.

So now we are back to Dana, whose real boss was Stanton, huh ? You see, like most subalterns, he served as a provost marshal besides being an officer in a Heavy Artillery regiment. That puts him under Stanton directly. Back to Balsiger and Sellier.

To all those who say Mary Surratt could not have been in it deep enough to pass the passwords and countersigns, you do not know Southern women, or Mary Surratt. Ever lived in the South, John Fazio? I have. There are more tough, independent Scarlett O'Hara's than you can shake a stick at. Who do you think ran all those plantations when the men were off galavanting before and during and even after the war? Read the Freedmen's Bureau records--I have for my book on the Bureau in Texas. Or Catherine Clinton's The Plantation Mistress.

Watch it whenever a Southern woman says with sincerity, "Why, bless your heart, Dahlin'." That's code for how much they admire your stupidity.

As for Weichmann, I am sure that he was more involved than you (or he) want to admit, IMO. Oops! Bad form!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mudd Descendants visit Fort Jefferson NP - Wild Bill - 07-30-2015 10:52 AM