Mudd Descendants visit Fort Jefferson NP
07-28-2015, 04:20 PM
RE: Mudd Descendants visit Fort Jefferson NP
(07-28-2015 03:54 PM)L Verge Wrote:  I sure hope Linda can scan and put those online because you have me totally confused as to why I have never heard or read of Demond before. His statement(s) would certainly have been picked up by someone else over the years unless they were just found recently in someone's attic. I have checked indices in the best books, The Evidence tome, trial transcripts, and cannot find any reference to him. I asked Joan Chaconas, who proofed your book and wrote the foreword, and she told me that she had questioned you about the same thing because she had never heard of him either.

Laurie,

The only accounts I know from Demond are his correspondences with Finis Bates in the early 1900's in which he claims many things and his statements change in order to fit Bates' narrative. I'm hoping John is using letters that are more period and a bit more consistent. I previously questioned John's usage of Demond's accounts here: http://boothiebarn.com/2014/09/14/john-w...ment-14868
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mudd Descendants visit Fort Jefferson NP - Dave Taylor - 07-28-2015 04:20 PM