The "ten mothers" of Abraham Lincoln
07-10-2015, 04:57 AM
RE: The "ten mothers" of Abraham Lincoln
We are very close to the monumental, with Nancy Hanks Lincoln. Family Tree DNA has eliminated all the "theory" and only Joseph Hanks direct descendants are hitting perfect matches. We now are going to do the descendants, female line of Lucy Hanks Sparrow. They all believe she was a Shipley, however, so we hope to test at least two. Then it will be complete.

In all my research, I found that Thomas and Joshua Hanks did not remain in Hampshire County, but were in Hardy County. What census records I found, it appears that Lucy may have lived with Joshua Hanks, there. Charles, Elizabeth, and Joseph Hanks Jr. were all taken to Hardy County, when Joseph Hanks Senior died. Anne Lee Hanks went to Rockingham County, right below Hardy, to stay with her Lee relatives. Hardy County records are sparse. Combing church records, at present, for a record there. I have several good ones for Joshua Hanks, from Hardy County. Will keep you posted. I think the day has come, when we can put those orphan stories to rest. Thank you, Vicky Paulson
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "ten mothers" of Abraham Lincoln - Vicky Reany Paulson - 07-10-2015 04:57 AM