Last eye witness on "I have a secret"
05-12-2015, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2015 11:23 AM by Juan Marrero.)
Last eye witness on "I have a secret"
I searched the topic to see if had been covered but, please, excuse me if it, nevertheless, already has been discussed.

I've watched on YouTube the old television clip of the nonagenarian who appeared (shortly before his death) on the ancient "I've got a secret" television program from the 1950's.

Tbe 150th anniversay made, for me, the events of April 1865 seem very distant, but watching this old gentleman talk about his presence at Ford's Theater had the converse effect. I guess we are about 60 years from the time when there was a living memory of AL and nearing, if not exceeding, the time frame when someone living might have had the experience of contact with RTL.

As a non sequitur, I came across sometime back an article saying that computer technology was getting to the point where it might be able to "read" someone's voice from photographs of the individual. I guess if there were enough pictures of a person to create a pretty good 3-D model, the computer might approximate the sound that the person's vocal chords would have made, filling in for regional accents, etc. The article was in connection with having the "Mona Lisa" "speak" after 450 years.

And you know what I am getting at with this. If there were voice recordings of RTL, that too might help with the programming.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Last eye witness on "I have a secret" - Juan Marrero - 05-12-2015 11:22 AM
RE: Last eye witness on "I have a secret" - Hess1865 - 05-14-2015, 09:06 AM