Closest living Lincoln descendant
05-08-2015, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2015 10:29 AM by L Verge.)
RE: Closest living Lincoln descendant
This is the only thing I have found so far – taken from NY Times in 1989.

The Lincoln relatives, descended from the President's uncle, were seated at a table with Eleanor Axson Sayre, Woodrow Wilson's granddaughter and a curator emeritus at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. ''Yours was a Democrat, and mine was a Republican,'' said Capt. Horatio A. Lincoln, who is retired from the United States Navy. ''But,'' replied Mrs. Sayre, ''he was a liberal Republican.''

Anyone want to follow up on this lead?

(05-07-2015 02:27 PM)Juan Marrero Wrote:  I believe Mr. Beckwith's young, German wife had a son, but the paternity was disputed because Mr. Beckwith had had a vasectomy years earlier. After Mr. Beckwith's death, the child received a settlement from the Lincoln estate to give clear title to the organizations that were designated as beneficiaries, including the Christian Science Church. It seems that the matter has ended there without any further claim that there is yet a direct Lincoln descendant alive.

The last I heard (from a Surratt House visitor years ago), that child was then working with the state's attorney's office somewhere in Florida.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Closest living Lincoln descendant - L Verge - 05-08-2015 10:28 AM