Were Lincoln and Ward Hill Lamon law "partners?"
08-15-2012, 08:23 AM
RE: Were Lincoln and Ward Hill Lamon law "partners?"
Roger,

I think you're right. I don't think Lincoln or Lamon ever had a formal partnership. Kind of like Lamon being Lincoln's bodyguard.

The reason I bring this up has to do with my work on Sandburg. One of the major claims against Sandburg was that he made several mistakes. While that was true to a point, I wonder if it hasn't been overblown. One of the things I want to do in my book is to compare other biographies of the time with Sandburg's and see how they compare.

I put Sandburg's mistakes into three categories. First is major mistakes, or mistakes that change the way the story is remembered. Second is minor mistakes, or mistakes that resulted from transcription errors or simple human frailties, and finally questions of interpretation, or some call it a mistake when in fact they disagree with the conclusion.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Were Lincoln and Ward Hill Lamon law "partners?" - Rob Wick - 08-15-2012 08:23 AM