Trial reporter related to defendant
11-28-2014, 09:57 AM
RE: Trial reporter related to defendant
Our wonderful librarian, Sandra Walia, has been searching our genealogical files to assist Jim in his work. The problem has now become that there may be too much material to successfully go through, reproduce, etc. Jim lives in Arizona, so distance is another hindrance. We do have the files of a local Jenkins member who shared his genealogical work with us, and I suspect that he is of the same line. The Anderson connection is harder to find.

The area that this all falls into is almost the exact route that Booth and Herold took after crossing the Navy Yard Bridge. Up Good Hope Road (then Harrison Street), between Forts Baker and Stanton, past Good Hope Tavern and out into Maryland.

Speaking of the forts, Jim, there is a book on the ring of forts that encircled D.C. during the war. I can't think of the title or author right now. It'll come to me in the middle of the night, and I'll call you... Maybe Mr. Lincoln's Forts?? Anyhow, I have not read it (just skimmed it about 30 years ago), but there may be some info on the three forts that seem to have been connected to your family's lands.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trial reporter related to defendant - L Verge - 11-28-2014 09:57 AM