The Assassination on the Screen - Comparisons
10-06-2014, 11:22 PM
RE: The Assassination on the Screen - Comparisons
(10-06-2014 04:55 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 06:29 PM)SSlater Wrote:  The other program was about seeking clues to some diseases that were said to be killing Lincoln at that time. They were inconclusive about their finds.

Hi John. Although I didn't the see the show my guess is that it was about Dr. John Sotos and his efforts to prove Lincoln was suffering from a rare genetic cancer syndrome called multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2B (MEN2B). A few doctors have suggested Lincoln had Marfan syndrome, but Dr. Sotos says "no" - instead he feels it was MEN2B. In his book Dr. Sotos argues Lincoln was slowing getting weaker at the time of the assassination and probably would have passed away within a year.

Hi Roger, I saw that program and in my opinion Dr. Sotos makes a very convincing case. Something seemed definitely wrong with AL beyond mere exhaustion...didn't he collapse about a month before the assassination, forcing the Cabinet to visit him in his bedroom?

Mary Lincoln knew something was wrong...her letters seem full of dread and foreboding in those final weeks...I think I read somewhere that she purchased a fortune in mourning garments in March 1865?Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Assassination on the Screen - Comparisons - LincolnToddFan - 10-06-2014 11:22 PM
RE: The Assassination on the Screen - Comparisons - Hess1865 - 10-06-2014, 04:36 PM