Mortimer Bainbridge Ruggles
08-09-2012, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2012 09:29 AM by Rick Smith.)
RE: Mortimer Bainbridge Ruggles
(08-09-2012 08:34 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Thanks Rick. Ruggles wasn't even in the picture as yet when the horse were disposed of, correct?

Bill,

That is right. Those horses did not leave Md. and Ruggles appears at Port Conway later on. As to the disposal of the horses, I wrote a couple of articles for the Courier some time ago which deals with the horses and their "disposal." Happy to share if you would like to see them.

Rick

(08-09-2012 09:04 AM)Gene C Wrote:  I thought Booth shaved off his mustache at Mudd's

Gene,

I believe that is the accepted story.

If Booth did shave at Mudd's, then this lends some credence to Ruggles just filling Ingraham's bucket.

His description of Booth's leg is very detailed and interesting.

He said that with his experience of battle wounds that it would have neccessitated removing Booth's leg to save his life. Ruggles describes Booth's leg as being swollen & blackened.

If this is so, it sure makes it seem that Dr. Mudd's diagnosis was way off.

Rick

(08-09-2012 09:04 AM)Gene C Wrote:  I thought Booth shaved off his mustache at Mudd's

Gene,

I believe that is the accepted story.

If Booth did shave at Mudd's, then this lends some credence to Ruggles just filling Ingraham's bucket.

His description of Booth's leg is very detailed and interesting.

He said that with his experience of battle wounds that it would have neccessitated removing Booth's leg to save his life. Ruggles describes Booth's leg as being swollen & blackened.

If this is so, it sure makes it seem that Dr. Mudd's diagnosis was way off.

Rick
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Mortimer Bainbridge Ruggles - Laurie Verge - 08-06-2012, 03:22 PM
RE: Mortimer Bainbridge Ruggles - Rick Smith - 08-09-2012 09:20 AM
RE: Mortimer Bainbridge Ruggles - Gene C - 08-09-2012, 09:04 AM
RE: Mortimer Bainbridge Ruggles - RJNorton - 08-09-2012, 11:54 AM
RE: Mortimer Bainbridge Ruggles - RJNorton - 08-09-2012, 12:34 PM