"Booth" Was Not John Wilkes Real Last Name?
04-17-2017, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2017 07:48 PM by Steve.)
RE: "Booth" Was Not John Wilkes Real Last Name?
(04-15-2017 11:37 PM)Christine Wrote:  Fascinating! My mother-in-law's maiden name is Booth, but our brick wall John Booth was born in South Carolina in 1798 so we dont know when the first Booth in our line came from to America, but before JWB' s family. But for a bit of DNA tease . . . My husband got his results this week. 49% Scandanavian from his Danish/Swedish dad. And from his mom 23% Irish, 15% Western Europe (Germany), 3% Italy/Greece, 3% European Jew, 3% Western Asia (Middle East), 2% British. 1% Iberian Peninsula (Spain/Portugal). We know who came from Germany (Mussgnug, Josi, Penninger), from Scotland/Ireland (Campbell). So that leaves the possibility of his Booth relative from Italy/Greece, European Jew, Middle East, Britain, Spain/Portugal. Another DNA test listed Diaspora Jew in his DNA. No proof of course that our Booths are related to JWB but seems interesting and possible.

My DNA is much less interesting than his. This American is 96% British, 1% Finland, 1% Iberian Peninsula, 1% Western Asia (Middle East.)

I have to say that I'm confused about these percentage ancestry tests. From what I understand once you get to the grandparent level of ancestry the amount of DNA from each ancestor varies by chance. So after a few generations, except for the Y Chromosome for direct male descendants, percentagewise the nuclear DNA one inherits is in all different amounts from different ancestors.

See this article:
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and...lated.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Booth" Was Not John Wilkes Real Last Name? - Steve - 04-17-2017 07:47 PM