"Booth" Was Not John Wilkes Real Last Name?
04-11-2017, 03:58 PM
RE: "Booth" Was Not John Wilkes Real Last Name?
(04-09-2017 07:36 PM)Steve Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 05:19 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Dave Taylor, where are you?

Several years ago, one of my former staff members did an overseas class in London for her Master's and was given an assignment by Dave to locate a single grave somewhere in that city. I can't remember which Booth it was about, but I'm sure that Dave will know if it is any connection to what you are searching for.

Carolyn Mitchell of Tudor Hall might have some deeper roots info on Booth genealogy too, if you have exhausted Steve Archer and Stanley Kimmel.

I'll also have our research librarian at Surratt House check the Hall files on the Booth genealogy. I know that Mr. Hall traveled to England and also that he had a paid researcher there that he worked with.

David talks about the grave in this blog post:

https://boothiebarn.com/2013/07/22/the-s...kes-booth/

The grave was of Henry Wilkes Booth, the second cousin of John Wilkes Booth, who's father was also named John Wilkes Booth.

Hang tight, Steve. Our research librarian just handed me a thick file entitled The Booth Family in England from the papers of James O. Hall. I'm working with the Travel Channel right now, but will peruse the papers within the week and pass on anything that may help you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Booth" Was Not John Wilkes Real Last Name? - L Verge - 04-11-2017 03:58 PM