How a Nation Grieves:Press Accounts of the Death of Lincoln
07-19-2014, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2014 06:42 PM by LincolnToddFan.)
How a Nation Grieves:Press Accounts of the Death of Lincoln
I received this as a gift recently. The full title is "How a Nation Grieves-Press Accounts of the Death of Lincoln, the Hunt for Booth, and America in Mourning". The author is Glen Alan Cheney, and there is a foreword by Congressman Joe Courtney.

It's a compendium of first hand press accounts of the incredible events of April -July 1865 as they happened, beginning with the fall of Richmond and ending with the executions of the Lincoln conspirators on July 7 of that year. You know what's going to happen of course, but there is an awful you-are-there quality to the reporting that recalls what it must have been like for people who can remember the weekend of Nov 22 1963.

I am supposed to be getting dressed for a friend's birthday luau right now and I want to curl at home tonight with this book instead....has anyone read it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How a Nation Grieves:Press Accounts of the Death of Lincoln - LincolnToddFan - 07-19-2014 06:40 PM