Surratt Society Assassination Conference
03-16-2014, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2014 04:02 PM by ReignetteC.)
RE: Surratt Society Assassination Conference
(03-16-2014 02:14 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Every year they get better, and every year I wonder how we can top it the next year. And every year we manage to do so - or so it seems from the comments we get. This year, our 15th anniversary year for the Surratt conference was no exception. Every speaker was dynamic, knew their subject matter very well, and were tossed good questions at the end. And guess what -- every speaker was a member of this forum. I am truly sending my love and appreciation to John Elliott, Tom Bogar, Rich Smyth, Jim Garrett, Caleb Stephens, Barry Cauchon and Blaine Houmes, all of whom made us look so very good.

Many other forum members were in the audience: Betty Ownsbey, Dave Taylor, Heath and Josh Atkinson, Joe Beckert, Phil and Linda Anderson, Reignette Chilton,Tom Thorne, and the biggest treat of all was to have Eva Lennartz fly from Germany to be with us. She was quickly adopted by our friendly group. As tired as I am, it's happy exhaustion -- and my efficient museum staff and Society executive board members were wonderful helpers.

Your museum's team members are the MASTERS of efficiency; in fact, you and your team should write a book on how to run a spectacular conference (with a few extra tips from the "Velvet Hammer"). And your grandson, Laurie, is quite a handsome young gentleman.

I agree with Dave; it truly is a favorite day. And not to be missed!

Thanks,
RC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Surratt Society Assassination Conference - ReignetteC - 03-16-2014 04:01 PM