Horses used on the Escape Route
03-14-2014, 10:01 PM
RE: Horses used on the Escape Route
(03-14-2014 03:38 PM)Wild Bill Wrote:  There seems to be some confusion as to my contribution to the articles listed in post #11 above. I want to make it clear that I had nothing to do with the articles appearing in the Courier on horse faking. They are all Rick Smith's doing and were well done indeed. Thank you!

Bill,

You are a good and generous man, old friend. Whether mistaken or otherwise, there is no one I would rather share credit with than you.

Laurie,

Thanks for referencing the article. Much appreciated.

Regarding James Owens; going on a tangent here; he never did come out of the Old Capitol Prison alive. Tidwell, Hall & Gaddy reveal this in "Come Retribution."

Bill posits that the federals, in their frustration, not being able to extract what they want out of Owens by using "persuasive methods," beat him to death, figuring he knew more than he was telling. Bill describes this in LCH and it is very convincing.

I believe the feds' attitude toward Owens was, essentially, "We freed you and this is how you cooperate with us when we give you the opportunity of getting your own back on your former master & oppressor?" Owens was able to tell only what he knew. They freed him straight to Heaven.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Horses used on the Escape Route - BettyO - 03-10-2014, 07:03 AM
RE: Horses used on the Escape Route - Rick Smith - 03-14-2014 10:01 PM