"India Wilkes" from GWTW has died at 98
01-06-2014, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 07:50 PM by Eva Elisabeth.)
RE: "India Wilkes" from GWTW has died at 98
(01-04-2014 10:50 PM)L Verge Wrote:  I wish I had known that. I love Prissy! Her "I don't know nothing about birthing no babies..." line has almost become a standard part of my language when I want to get out of doing something I don't want to do.
Mine is: "After all... tomorrow is another day ."

My mother often told me how much she could relate to Scarlett O'Hara saying: "As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again." When she and my grandmother fled from East Prussia at the end of the war, they had lived in a fenced refugee camp in Denmark for two years. In this time they had only little to eat, mainly bread the Danish gave them (once a week with one spoonful of jam, for which they had to queue for hours), fish they caught in a lake in that camp, some mushrooms, berries, and potatoes. Sometimes Danish civilians brought some food, too. After that time, and throughout her life, she said, she swore exactly the same to herself like Scarlett O'Hara did - I'll never be hungry again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "India Wilkes" from GWTW has died at 98 - Eva Elisabeth - 01-06-2014 07:44 PM