What books do you disagree with and why?
07-27-2012, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2012 08:28 AM by BettyO.)
RE: What books do you disagree with and why?
(07-27-2012 07:54 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  One book I disagree with is Robert Lockwood Mills' "It Didn't Happen the Way You Think." The author implies that Stanton thought Booth was only going to kidnap Lincoln and decided "to let it happen" for political reasons. He figured Booth's kidnap plan would fail, but Booth was, in effect, cleared for the assassination because Stanton thought it was only going to be a kidnapping attempt. Mills makes a series of arguments that did not convince me. I continue to believe that Stanton had absolutely nothing to do with the conspiracy.

Agreed! There is simply NOTHING to support any involvement regarding the US government....Now, and I'll possibly take flack for this from some Southern groups (don't forget that I'm a Southerner as well), but I do believe that the Confederate government was involved regarding the kidnap venture....

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What books do you disagree with and why? - BettyO - 07-27-2012 08:15 AM