President Lincoln and the Sioux Indian uprising in Minnesota in 1862
09-26-2014, 07:56 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2014 08:39 PM by Gene C.)
RE: President Lincoln and the Sioux Indian uprising in Minnesota in 1862
(09-26-2014 02:54 AM)My Name Is Kate Wrote:  (OK, I've had enough of this. Too many alleged historians and writers with their own agendas.)

It is a bit of a challenge when a trust worthy writer or witness says something that you question or find out is just plain wrong. Then there is the untrusty one who gets it right.

That is one of the reasons I like it here. If I get something wrong, there is usually someone who will set me straight. That, and we don't have to agree on everything, there are some things we will just never really know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of that....Rob Wick sent some info about Herndon, Donald wrote his doctoral dissortation about Herndon under the supervision of Jamed Randall (who did not care for Herndon) Just important to keep in mind the circumstance when Donald wrote his book. Not that he wasn't objective. Additional infomation and trends in the interpretation of history can change our understanding of past events - (like how Mary is perceived) . Rob also sent an article that I will try to link to later today under Lincoln & Herndon thread.

THANKS ROB

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: President Lincoln and the Sioux Indian uprising in Minnesota in 1862 - Gene C - 09-26-2014 07:56 AM
Lincoln and the Dakotas - L Verge - 08-12-2013, 07:57 PM